zaterdag 26 oktober 2013

Autumn holidays

Yes, I know, I haven't been blogging for a while, I guess all my duties kept me from it.
On my last update I wrote about DD11 going on schoolcamp. As far as she's been telling me, she had a great time. Of course, on the friday afternoon when she was on schoolcamp, there was the foxhunt. (It's a game where people dress up as characters, and groups of kids have to search them and ask for a signature, the group with the most signatures is the winner)
Well, I dressed up as an old lady, and I really had a great time. The best part of it, was of course when DD11 came behind me and asked me if I was a fox. So I turned around, and the moment I smiled at her, she recognised me! Her reaction was so much fun to see, I wish I could have made a video of it. Priceless!
Me dressed up as old lady

All the 'foxes', teachers and children after the foxhunt
As you may have figured by now, everyone had lots of fun.
(ha, how much fun can it be to tell teachers in a loud old ladies voice that kids don't learn that much at school nowadays, and that teachers can be plain stupid! no pun intended of course ;-) ).  One of them was kind enough to get me a cup of coffee, which I really appreciated.
All to soon it was time to get DD8 from school, and collect the luggage of DD11 and her friend at the other school location.
Finally the autumn holidays had started! Of course with 3 girls around there's not that much playtime, but over the weekend I managed to finish an outfit for Ellowyne, which really made me happy, as it had been bugging me for months, that I still had to sew an apron and craft a hat.
Serious Intention Ellowyne, wearing my version of the steampunk 'Like Clockwork'outfit
On monday DD11 went to a friend for a sleepover and I could collect her on tuesday late in the afternoon.
DD8 slept in DD13's room, who read her a couple of chapters of Narnia before going to sleep.
As we it was really quiet withouth DD11, DD8 asked me if we could bake together.
She took her magazines with recipes downstairs, and put them all on the kitchen counter:
We finally choose to make chocolate lollipops

She started with putting some sugar decorations in the ice cubes holder
After that we melted the chocolate, and then she added the little sticks.


After that it was time to put them in the fridge.
adding the sticks






the result
As it was tuesday, it was finally time to check on my apple vinegar, as it had been 2 weeks ago I had started preparing it. After seeving it, here is the result:



When the lollipops were ready we went to my parents, where my sister was with her DD's. They enjoyed the  lollipops too!





my little princess, very proud of her own 'baking'
Another thing I saw on tuesday was a bud in the plant that DD13 had been cultivating.

On wednesday it came to full bloom:

On thursday DD8 & DD11 wanted to bake rainbow cupcakes, which was a fun project that took us the best part of the morning.
But, they were very yummie!












And on friday morning I really had to get ready for our weekend away, and DD13 had to deliver a round of newspapers, before we could go.
But finally we were on our way and arrived at the campsite in Arcen in good time.
.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. That picture of your little princess is nothing short of amazing! And the chocolate lollipops were delicious.
    Looks like you had a great time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yes, she is adorable, isn't she? And I had lots of fun with all the cooking and baking :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen